Wednesday, December 11, 2019

Tim Ottinger - Vim Like A Pro (Bookzcity)



Tim Ottinger - Vim Like A Pro

Further details about this book:

Some other tutorials are very good, and google/yahoo/bing/whatever can help you find them all. There are also some great books that have been written since I started this tutorial. Those books are far more comprehensive and have had a lot of investment from their publishers and editors. This little tutorial has been around for a long time and has been strangely popular. I like to think it is because I have taken a slightly different approach. I wrote this for the impatient developer. There is a certain mental model that makes mastering vim much faster. I don’t know any other materials that use the same approach, or which teach as deeply in such a small space. I’ve agonized and organized (and re-agonized, and reorganized) the tutorial for top-to-bottom learning, so that anyone who emerges from the other end of this tutorial will have professionalgrade editing skills, probably better than many of their more experienced colleagues. Whenyouaredonehere,youmaywanttoinvestinamuchmorecomprehensivebook.Iamkeenly, painfully aware of how much material I have intentionally left out. You’llbepleased toknowthatI continuetolookforthingsto leaveout,orfasterwaysto shrinkthe content. Well, that is, other than this apologetic section. I think this is one of the fastest ways to improve your use of vim, and a pretty good way to start using vim from scratch. This work started out as a web page, for free. Now I am using leanpub because I like the formats and styling I can get with their system.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Looking For Anything Specific?

Random Novels

BookzCity

Bookzcity is an amazing blog for books. There are many kinds of books in this blog. You can download any kind of book from this blog completely free. There is no need of money to buy books from this blog. For download any book from this blog just click on the download button and enjoy it.




Contact Us

Name

Email *

Message *