Saturday, April 4, 2020

On Human Nature By Roger Scruton (Bookzcity)




Further Details About This Book:

What follows is a revised version of the three Charles E. Test memorial lectures that I gave, under the auspices of the James Madison Program, at Princeton University in fall 2013. I am very grateful to the program and its director, Robert P. George, for the invitation and for the hospitality shown to me during my visit. And I am especially grateful to the lively audience that a visitor can always expect at Princeton and to the spirit of free inquiry that prevails there. In preparing these lectures for publication I am conscious that they are at best a summary of my views and do not in any way deal with all the difficulties that will occur to the attentive reader. Some of these difficulties I have addressed in The Soul of the World and in a fourth chapter here added to the lectures; others must await some later attempt to tackle them or else accompany me to the grave. Earlier drafts were read by Bob Grant, Alicja Gescinska, and two anonymous readers for Princeton University Press, and from the remarks of all four I have benefited enormously.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Looking For Anything Specific?

Random Novels

BookzCity

Bookzcity is an amazing blog for books. There are many kinds of books in this blog. You can download any kind of book from this blog completely free. There is no need of money to buy books from this blog. For download any book from this blog just click on the download button and enjoy it.




Contact Us

Name

Email *

Message *