Sunday, April 12, 2020

Slave Families and the Hato Economy in Puerto Rico (Bookzcity)





Further Details About This Book:

This book has been nineteen years in the making, thus the list of individuals who in one way or another deserve to be acknowledged and thanked is long. I begin with my parents, Dwight and Carmen Stark, for their unconditional support throughout the writing of this book. I am also very grateful to George Alter, Arlene Díaz, Jeff Gould, Peter Guardino, Kathleen Myers, Helen Nader, and Muriel Nazzari for having cultivated and nurtured my training as a historian.

A number of colleagues provided me with advice, either reading drafts of chapters or offering feedback on conference papers that evolved into chapters. Among these individuals, I am particularly indebted to Philip Morgan, who read the manuscript and provided sharp observations and valuable insights. The feedback provided by the anonymous reviewers for the University Press of Florida was extremely helpful in helping me frame my argument more effectively. Also, the guidance and patience of Meredith Babb and Marthe Walters at the University Press of Florida is much appreciated. I owe a debt of gratitude to Kate Babbitt, who carefully and rigorously edited the manuscript, thereby improving the flow and argument. I also would like to thank Jorge Chinea, Joseph Dorsey, Francisco Moscoso, Fernando Picó, and Stuart Schwartz for their support and encouragement. The guidance and interest in my work provided by Jane Landers, Aldo Lauria, Félix Rodríguez Matos, and José Solá merits recognition. Colleagues at Grand Valley State University, including Alice Chapman, Steeve Buckridge, Grace Coolidge, Jason Crouthamel, Paul Murphy, Patrick Shan, and Scott Stabler, gave willingly of their time to read sections of the work in draft form and served as my unofficial mentors.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Looking For Anything Specific?

Random Novels

BookzCity

Bookzcity is an amazing blog for books. There are many kinds of books in this blog. You can download any kind of book from this blog completely free. There is no need of money to buy books from this blog. For download any book from this blog just click on the download button and enjoy it.




Contact Us

Name

Email *

Message *